Capillary Conditioning Procedure:
Never Use Strong Bases on these Capillaries
- Carefully remove the capillary from the shipping/storage container.
- Remove protective polyimide coating by using 98% fuming sulfuric acid heated to 100ºC. One drop should be sufficient for complete removal. The MicroSolv Window Maker be used as well as long as you do not allow the capillary to touch the “glowing” hot heating coils during burning. Always use appropriate and approved safety precautions when performing the above.
- Rinse the capillary with Water-Methanol Solution (50:50 or 30:70, v/v) for ten (10) Minutes.
- Rinse the capillary (after step 3) with CEwater™ for 10 Minutes.
- Final rinse should be with your run buffer for an additional 10 Minutes.
- Repeat this procedure between each Injection with reduced run times of 1 Minute Water-Methanol solution and followed by 2 Minutes rinses of CEwater and Run Buffer.
Capillary Storage Procedure:
- Rinse the capillary for 25 minutes with your run buffer.
- Rinse the capillary with CEwaterTM for fifteen Minutes.
- If storing for an extended period, we recommend that N2 or Helium should be blown, under slight pressure, through the column.